August 20, 2014 -- Erin Wright
The Lyric is growing in popularity and this summer the next generation of this invisible hearing is being launched in Canada. The development focus for the new Lyric3 has been on improving the following:
- Device Reliability - Moisture protection is improved thereby improving the device life.
- Sound Quality - New parameters in the device software have led to more customization of the product.
I personally think the Lyric is a great option for many people and we are proud to be a certified Lyric provider because it allows us to offer every option to people who are seeking treatment for their hearing loss. This is unique in a hearing clinic because it means we truly have access to every hearing aid manufactured and are able to offer them to each client.
The benefit of the Lyric for many people is the ease of use. The most common populations to use this device are:
- The person who truly wants to use hearing aids but doesn't want anyone else to see them. Because they are 100% invisible, this need is met for these individuals.
- The patient who has extreme difficulty inserting devises on their own and needs to rely on care workers. With this device there is no daily maintenance.
- The person who has Parkinson's or other essential tremors making battery insertion and fine motor tasks challenging.
- The person who has hearing loss but wants to forget about it. The depth of the device allows it to feel as though it is not there after a few hours of use. The absence of insertion, removal and changing batteries allows a person to go about their day as though they had no hearing aids at all.
As with most things, advances in software development as well as better materials are helping to make big strides in the hearing industry.
If you are interested in trying the Lyric, there is a 30 day free trial available from both of our clinics. This means the device is inserted and you keep it for 30 days to see if this is the right product for your needs at no cost.
Call one of our clinics to book your appointment to try the new Lyric3.